About Handsfree Group:
We are an established international specialist installer of quality vehicle technology products to vehicle fleets across UK, Europe and North America. We work with transport, logistics, fleet, emergency services, retail and leisure sectors and are leaders in our market thanks to our long history of expertise, innovation and breadth of service portfolio.
We have extensive experience designing and installing products into cutting edge SME’s, as well as multi-million pound global organisations that are looking for the best in vehicle technology and installation.
A fantastic opportunity has now arisen to support Handsfree Group UK in our Emergency Service Network (ESN) business as the lead custom Android OS developer on our Vehicle Device ESN Programme. Working closely with the Software Development Director, ESN Project Manager and international development teams in an environment where we design, develop, integrate and test solutions for our ESN customers.
Working closely with the management team, customers and stakeholders to successfully deliver ESN solutions to meet customer requirements. This role will initially focus on delivering the year one contractual milestone activities with a view to leading the Android OS modification requirements throughout 2020 and beyond.
- Work with the ESN team technical lead to produce a robust software design for the ESN product.
- Develop and maintain a custom Android OS. Modifying as required whilst working closely with our international software and hardware development partners. Including new Android API’s / SDK’s to support custom hardware features.
- Work with our partners and a third party lab to gain GMS certification for the device.
- Work with an external pen test partner during both design and development phase to ensure device security.
- Liaise with internal test manager to produce regular firmware update packages for test and certification process and to make sure product meets certification and test requirements.
- Liaise with UK based Android application developers developing applications to manage custom device hardware features.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- A Degree in a numerate subject desirable but not essential.
- Excellent Android OS level development, OS modification and OS firmware build skills.
- Over 10 years in software engineering environment.
- Experience of integrating complex systems.
- Agile Processes and application development
- Come from a background of Android operating system customisation and development.
- Knowledge of Information Technology and Information Security “best practice” would also be useful.
- Experience of GMS certification process.
- Experience with long term support for Android.
- Experience with Android dual screen devices.
- Familiar with ‘Secure by Design’ concepts and NCSC End user device (EUD) security guidance.
- Familiarity with formal software design processes.
- Familiarity with design requirements capture and traceability tools.
- Familiar with Android secure boot.
- Familiar with Android telephony.
- Understanding of vehicle systems (PAS CAR, HGV etc.), transport industry, emergency services industry.
Salary & Benefits:
- 1 year fixed term contract with a possibility of a permanent position
- Competitive Salary
- Hours – 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Mon – Fri)
- Holidays – 30 days increasing to 35 days (incl. Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
- A paid day off work each year so you can celebrate your birthday
- Additional perks such as easter eggs, advent calendars and more!!
- Annual Staff Awards
- The office is conveniently located to travel by car or public transport and free parking is available.
For further information please contact our HR Department. Please apply by forwarding your CV and our Recruitment Manager will be in touch asap if successful.
Direct candidates only – no agencies.
Please forward your CV to email@example.com and expect our Recruitment Manager to be back in touch asap if successful.