Since 2004, we have specialised in the supply and installation of in-vehicle technology – a total solutions provider and market leader. As leaders in the field of vehicle safety and security, our team has a range of experience providing products and installations into cutting edge SME’s, as well as multi-million pound global organisations that are looking for the best in adaptable vehicle technology and installation. Our philosophy is that an employee should enjoy coming to work and be able to have fun whilst providing an exceptional service.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a driven and progressive Field Engineer to join an industry leading telematics provider. Reporting to our Regional Engineering Manager (North), you will support our customers by installing commercial vehicle safety and security equipment into all types of vehicles. The successful candidate will deliver high-quality professional installations whilst maintaining Handsfree Group’s exceptional level of customer service. You will also be the on-site point of contact for customers and assist with technical issues.
This role will be field based (from your home area) and will cover a ‘section’ of the UK, including (but not limited to), covering the North East around Middlesbrough and Yorkshire, as and when required. The successful candidate will be required to work 9 hours a day between 6am and 8pm so a degree of flexibility is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installation of telematics equipment e.g., hands-free kits, reversing aids driver safety cameras, and safety warning systems to the highest standard (in line with FCS1362 guidelines)
- Testing and servicing of all company products that have been installed in vehicles
- Management and handling of stock issues including the returning of stock back to the Warehouse facility when required
- Liaising with and handling customer queries on site
- Liaising with internal departments
- Maintaining a comprehensive toolkit
- Adhere to a high quality of health and safety standards at all times
- Participate in FITAS and training on new product installations provided by the Company
- Technical ability – autonomous problem-solving, assisting Field Engineers with technical issues
- On-site point of contact for customer, confidently deal with ‘on the day issues’
- Excellent face-to-face customer service skills
- Lives and delivers on our Values
Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of installation experience into 12 and 24 volt vehicles
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Auto electrical knowledge and experience working on commercial vehicles
- Logical approach to installing and fault-finding technical products
- Self-motivated with the drive to provide first class-customer service
- Company Bonus
- Generous annual leave allowance of 30 days (incl. Bank Holidays) increasing to 35 days with service
- Company vehicle, uniform, fuel card, laptop, annual tool allowance and mobile phone
- Company funded FITAS scheme internal opportunity to progress through Engineering structure
- Pension scheme
- Eye care scheme
- Annual staff awards
- Perks such as a paid day off on your birthday!
- Flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance Programme
Handsfree Group is a forces friendly employer and we actively welcome applications from the defence community.
Absolutely no agencies – thank you
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and expect our Recruitment Manager to be back in touch asap if successful.