This role is for a high-profile Government contract with the Home Office to provide Android hardware for Europe’s first private cellular network for the UK’s emergency services. It offers an incredible opportunity for a Graduate Android/Junior Android Developer to progress and develop with us.
Since 2004, we have specialised in the purchase, supply, and installation of in-vehicle technology. As leaders in the field of vehicle safety and security, our team has a range of experience providing products and installations into cutting edge SME’s, as well as multi-million-pound global organisations that are looking for the best in adaptable vehicle technology and installation. Our philosophy is that an employee should enjoy coming to work and be able to have fun whilst providing an exceptional service.
We are currently enjoying a period of phenomenal growth due to a recent contract award, supporting logistics, transport, and the emergency services. This is a great opportunity for development and career progression within a rapidly growing Company with a fun and friendly environment. Reporting to our Group Technical Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with the team to support the development, testing, and maintenance of native Android applications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and to contribute long-term to a rapidly growing market leading technology focused company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will develop, test, and deploy native apps for use in mission-critical situations
- You will work closely with colleagues to ensure rigorous standards of code quality and delivery of key software features and objectives
- Applications will include OEM device configuration, OEM device diagnostic, and an application to control an external radio device over RS232
- You will also work closely with other various departments and their teams in an environment where we design, develop, integrate, and install vehicles devices and mobile solutions for our customers
A good understanding of:
- Native android application development
- Working with custom Android API’s
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable junior experience developing native Android applications
- Degree in a related discipline (desirable)
- Experience with android studio tools
- Ability to navigate a codebase effectively and plan for continuous improvement and refactoring where appropriate
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Able to support the agile nature of Handsfree Group and the wider business, with additional responsibilities as and when required
- Able to work collaboratively with all colleagues
- Promotes quality whilst engaging in individual objectives and being aware of wider company vision
- Live and deliver on our Values
- Company bonus
- Hours – 8.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. (Mon – Fri)
- Holidays – a very generous 30 days (incl. Bank Holidays) to start, increasing annually to 35 days
- Pension scheme
- Paid day off work on your birthday
- Annual Staff Awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flu vaccination
- Eye care scheme
The office is conveniently located to travel by car or public transport and free parking is available.
Handsfree Group is a forces friendly employer and we actively welcome applications from the defence community.
Absolutely no agencies – thank you
Please forward your CV to email@example.com and expect our Recruitment Manager to be back in touch asap if successful.