Since 2004 we have specialised in the supply and installation of in vehicle technology – a total solutions market leader. Our philosophy is that an employee should enjoy coming to work and have fun whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
Due to a recent contract award, we are about to embark on a journey of phenomenal growth which brings with it a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Installation Engineer based in the North East. The successful Engineer will join our national team and deliver high quality professional installations of communications and safety equipment into all types of vehicles, whilst maintaining the Handsfree exceptional level of customer service.
Our Head Office is in Manchester and we have 2 teams of Engineers (North and South) this role will cover the North East and the hours are 9 a day between 6am and 8pm so a degree of flexibility is required.
Requirements of Installations Engineer/ Field Engineer role:
- Experience fitting hands free car kits, tracking devices, reversing cameras, sensors, front corner sensors and reversing alarms
- Experience working with 12 & 24 volt vehicles and a good understanding of CANBUS
- Full UK driving licence
Installations Engineer / Field Engineer key responsibilities will be:
- Installation of tracking equipment, hands free kits, reversing aids, driver safety camera’s and safety warning systems to the highest standard (in accordance with FCS1362 guidelines).
- Testing and servicing of all company products that have been installed in vehicles,
- Management and handling of stock issued
- Dealing with customer queries on site
- Reporting back to head office
- Maintaining a comprehensive toolkit
- Returning company stock back to head office with correct paperwork
- Participate in any training provided by the company
Benefits Installations Engineer / Field Engineer:
- Company Bonus
- Competitive Salary plus optional overtime at time and a half
- Internal promotion structure (subject to meeting criteria)
- Company vehicle with option of personal usage
- Fuel card
- Smart phone
- Company funded FITAS Accreditation Scheme
- Holidays: a generous 30 days (incl. Bank Holidays) increasing annually to 35 days
- Annual Tool Allowance
- Perks such as a paid day off on your birthday, Easter eggs and more!!
- Internal opportunity to progress through Engineering structure
- Fun, friendly and inclusive place to work
- Hours – 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Mon – Fri)
- Company Bonus
- Generous annual leave allowance of 30 days (incl. Bank Holidays) increasing to 35 days with service
- Pension scheme
- Eye care scheme
- Annual staff awards
- Perks such as a paid day off on your birthday
- Flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance Programme
- The office is conveniently located to travel by car or public transport and free parking is available
- Handsfree Group is a forces friendly employer and we actively welcome applications from the defence community
Job Type: Permanent
To keep our Engineers safe you are provided with PPE and asked to follow policy
Handsfree Group is a forces friendly employer and we actively welcome applications from the defence community.
Absolutely no Agencies – Thankyou
Please forward your CV to email@example.com and expect our Recruitment Manager to be back in touch asap if successful.