Since 2004, we have specialised in the supply and installation of in-vehicle technology – a total solutions provider and market leader. As leaders in the field of vehicle safety and security, our team has a range of experience providing products and installations into cutting edge SME’s, as well as multi-million pound global organisations that are looking for the best in adaptable vehicle technology and installation. Our philosophy is that an employee should enjoy coming to work and be able to have fun whilst providing an exceptional service.
Due to an exciting level of growth, we now have a permanent full-time opportunity for the successful candidate to join Handsfree Group UK, as the business continues to expand and develop its products and services into exciting new markets. As Quality Assurance Manager, you will play a key role helping to shape and mature the company ISO 9001 accredited facilities and processes within the organisation, as well as being a key point of contact with customers and the supply chain. Initially, the successful candidate will report to our Test Evaluation and Acceptance Manager.
- Lead the Quality Assurance activities across Handsfree Group UK
- Manage the flow down of Quality Assurance requirements to Handsfree Sub-Contractors and suppliers
- Ensure that all company accreditations are audited for compliance and remain current
- Provide Quality Assurance related content into bids and proposals
- Develop the company processes, in association with function heads, to ensure an efficient organisation, through a period of expansion
- Put in place and management QA internal audits across all departments
- Lead and manage external QA audits
- Responsible for resource planning relating to Quality Assurance activities
- Ensure that company functional interfaces are documented, controlled, and validated
- To ensure that all company processes and activities are carried out by appropriately instructed personnel and approved at the appropriate level
- To support Project Managers in communication with the customer and presentation of results relating to Quality Assurance
- To ensure that all product development and release is controlled in accordance with defined process
- To ensure that all material, components and other supplied parts or devices are controlled with defined process
- To ensure that all manufacturing is controlled with defined process
- To ensure that non-conformity and change control management is controlled with defined process
- Ensuring that all Quality Assurance activities are represented within project plans
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in Engineering or a numerate subject (desirable but not essential)
- Over 5 years in a QA management responsible role
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and UKAS processes
- General knowledge and understanding of international quality related standards
- Experience in delivering Quality assured products and services to Government Bodies and organisations
- Competent in MS Office Applications
- Attention to detail
- High-level of communication skills both verbal and in writing
The successful candidate will have come from a background of Quality Assurance, preferably in a Vehicle component supply or Government regulated environment. Experience of both software, hardware and systems integration in a military or Government project background would be an advantage but is not essential. A broad knowledge of Information Technology and Information Security “best practice” would also be useful.
Eligible for or Holder of current BPSS security clearance
Salary & Benefits:
- £40,000 per annum
- Hours – 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Mon – Fri)
- Generous annual leave allowance of 30 days (incl. Bank Holidays) increasing to 35 days with service
- Pension scheme
- Eye care scheme
- Annual staff awards
- Perks such as a paid day off on your birthday!
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flu Vaccination
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and expect our Recruitment Manager to be back in touch asap if successful.