This role is for a high-profile Government contract with the Home Office to provide Android hardware for the Europe’s first private cellular network for the UK’s emergency services. It offers an incredible opportunity for a Senior Android Developer / Software Development Manager to progress and develop with us.
Since 2004, we have specialised in the supply and installation of in-vehicle technology – a total solutions provider and market leader. As leaders in the field of vehicle safety and security, our team has a range of experience providing products and installations into cutting edge SMEs, as well as multi-million-pound global organisations that are looking for the best in adaptable vehicle technology and installation.
Our philosophy is that an employee should enjoy coming to work and be able to have fun whilst providing an exceptional service.
This dynamic role works collaboratively with our strategic partners. As department lead you will report into our Technical Director leading development, testing and maintenance of a suite of native Android applications including; OEM device configuration, OEM device diagnostic and an application to control an external radio device over RS232. This is a hands on developer and management role.
Handsfree Group are growing rapidly. This newly created position of Senior Android Developer / Software Development Manager for ESN & R5 holds a both a key and exciting position supporting our future growth.
Expert knowledge of:
- Native Android application development
- Android storage and file handling
- Working with custom Android API’s
- Android Telephony
- Git lab
Desirable knowledge of:
- Manage internal development team on site and remotely (including junior members) in the development of software
- You will need to be a hands-on developer in addition to team manager and mentor as this is a small team
- Support the project through external test and acceptance
- Liaise with external partner development teams
- Design and develop software solutions for Android
- Take full product life cycle responsibility from initial concept, through detailed design and development, to release for manufacture
- Provide technical support and updates for existing and new software designs
- Take a lead in the documentation of software
- Support of the project through any required external test and acceptance.
- Liaise with suppliers and strategic partners
- Liaise with customers to understand their requirements
- Recruit, engage, retain and develop the team, supporting business growth
- Succession plan ensuring all roles are managed continuously, and processes mapped appropriately, minimising relationship, knowledge and opportunity loss
- A self-motivated Coder and Developer with experience of managing small teams
- An understanding of software systems development methodology
- Proven strong strategic technology focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues impacting the relevant markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High standard of literacy and communication skills, both written and verbal including the ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Able to deliver on and live our values
- Have sound commercial understanding of projects
- Support and develop our software development process in line with ISO 9001 & ISO 27001
- Commitment to improving existing systems and policies and driving excellence
- Develop direct and robust process by designing performance measurements required to support the growth of the business
- Able to adapt and succeed in a changing environment, supporting the agile nature of Handsfree and the wider business, with additional duties as and when required
- Able to deliver on and live our values
- Company Bonus
- Generous annual leave allowance of 30 days (incl. Bank Holidays) increasing to 35 days with service
- Pension scheme
- Eye care scheme
- Annual staff awards
- Perks such as a paid day off on your birthday
- Flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance Programme
Absolutely no agencies – thank you
Please forward your CV to email@example.com and expect our Recruitment Manager to be back in touch asap if successful.