Based on the current situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are placing a high priority on
business continuity so we can continue to support our customers across the UK and Ireland.
Handsfree Group have implemented processes to help protect our employees and customers during
this uncertain time.
The following are the best practices (as of 18th March 2020 updated 4th June 2020) we require our
engineers attending customer sites to follow:
• Engineers have been provided with disposable gloves which are worn whilst on a customers
• Engineer will put on new pair of disposable gloves after pulling up to site. The engineer will
handle touch keypads, signing in books, vehicle keys, doors, etc with disposable gloves. (We
prefer that the customer site contact fills in the documentation required by asking the
engineers the questions required.)
• Engineers will be provided face masks.
• Prior to entering the vehicle, engineers will wipe down handles with anti-bacterial wipes to
protect themselves from any vehicle-bound contamination.
• The engineer will use seat covers where applicable.
• Once work has been completed, engineers will use anti-bacterial wipes to wipe down panels,
that he has been in contact with prior to leaving the vehicle.
• Engineers will remove seat covers and spray/wipe seat covers with an?-bacterial
• When a signature is required our engineer will ask for the site contact’s full including middle
name, and they will type this into the name category. The engineer will then self-sign it with
“CV”. The engineer will keep the NHS-recommended 2 metres distance from the site
contacts and check out accordingly. (Handsfree Group can provide tracking data for
validation of engineer’s presence on site if any discrepancies arise with self-signing)
• Once leaving site, the engineers will dispose of gloves accordingly in his sealed bin stored in
the back of his vehicle.
Sterling Protectives Nitrile Examination Gloves; manufactured to BSEN 455:2000
Everbuild Anti-bacterial Wonder Wipes; tested to BSEN 1276:200 and PREN 12054:1995
These processes are in place to look after the safety of all our employees and customers as this
remains Handsfree Group’s priority. These processes have been agreed within Handsfree Group based on the advice provided by the NHS and government to the general public.
We will closely monitor and assess the situation to update you on changes to our processes. If
you have any questions, please get in touch.